The HP LaserJet M4345 printers in the following locations have the ability to scan
documents and send them as PDF attachments to Saint Mary's e-mail accounts:
- Library Classroom
- Madeleva 353
- Spes Unica 336
- Science 134
E-mails from these printers will be from:
- Library Classroom LaserJet
- Madeleva 353 LaserJet
- Spes Unica 336 LaserJet
- Science 134 LaserJet
The HP LaserJet M4345 printer scans in color,
but is only able to print in black and white.
As a reminder, you should not open e-mail attachments that you are not expecting
for security reasons. You may wish to send scanned documents to your personal
Saint Mary's e-mail address and then forward the attachment to others with a
If you do not receive your scanned document, please check your Spam folder in
Google Mail - the message may be there.
- Gently lift the flatbed cover of the HP LaserJet M4345 printer open.
- Place the page you want scanned on the glass, with a corner of the top of the document in the upper left section of the scanner (indicated by an arrow). You can scan multiple-page documents by placing the pages face-up in the feeder tray on the top of the printer. It will scan the pages and compile them into a single PDF.
- On the HP LaserJet M4345 printer's display, tap on the E-mail icon.
- On the screen that appears, tap on the empty To: field.
- Type in your Saint Mary's e-mail address (or the Saint Mary's e-mail address you wish to send the scanned file to). The printer can only send scans to Saint Mary's e-mail addresses.
- Tap the OK button after the e-mail address has been entered.
- When asked if you want to add the address to the "local" address book, tap No.
- Push the green Start button on the printer to have your document scanned and e-mailed.
- If you wish to scan additional documents to the same address, click Yes to continue with your current settings.
- If you are finished scanning, or you wish to start the process again with a different address, click No.
Last Modified August 14, 2013