- Right-click on My Computer and select Manage. A Computer Management window will open.
- In the left column, under Storage, select Disk Management.
- Find the flash drive that needs its drive letter changed, and right-click on it.
- Select "Change Drive Letter and Paths..."
- In the window that appears, make sure the flash drive that needs its drive letter changed is highlighted, then click the Change... button.
- From the new window that appears, select a letter. Make sure you do not
select a letter already in use on that computer
(such as A, B, C, D, E, H, P, R, X, Y). You can see what drive letters are
in use by opening My Computer.
- You will receive a message that "Changing the drive letter of a volume might cause programs to no longer run. Are you sure you want to change this drive letter?" Click Yes.
- The drive letter has successfully been changed. You can close the Computer Management window.
Last Modified May 6, 2008