- Which mobile devices are supported by ResNet (for students) and the Helpdesk (for faculty and staff)?
ResNet (for students) and the Helpdesk (for faculty and staff) provide assistance with personally-owned and College-owned devices
running Apple's iOS. This includes iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices.
As for specific models that we are able to support, the devices must be running (or able to run) either the current version of Apple's iOS or the previous version. Current support includes devices running iOS 9 and iOS 10.
- I have a mobile device running a supported version of Apple's iOS - what issues can you assist me with?
ResNet (for students) and the Helpdesk (for faculty and staff) can provide assistance with the following issues on your Apple iOS device:
- Setting up your device to check your Saint Mary's e-mail - instructions are available
- Connecting to the BelleAire wireless network
- Connecting to the ResNet wireless network in the residence halls (for students only)
- Connecting and using your device to projectors in the classrooms on campus.
Individuals are responsible for providing their own VGA adapters between the device and the projector.
Information Technology does not provide these adapters.
- Support for Apple-provided apps will be provided on a limited basis.
Apps that would be supported include Calendar, Contacts, and Settings.
- Support for Google-provided apps will be provided on a limited basis.
Apps that would be supported include Gmail and Google Drive
(the apps must be configured for your Saint Mary's account to be supported).
Support for these apps will require a Saint Mary's Google Apps for Education account.
- What is not supported for mobile devices running a supported version of Apple's iOS?
Assistance is not available for the following:
- Cellular connections
- All third-party apps, unless specified in the section above (Apple and Google-provided apps)
- Devices running unsupported versions of iOS - older versions may not be compatible with current software and systems
- All hardware-related issues
All of the support issues that cannot be accommodated by ResNet and the Helpdesk will be referred to the Apple Store. There is an Apple Store near campus at University Park Mall. Visit here for the Apple Store's hours, directions, and to make a reservation online for Genius Bar assistance.
- What else should I know about assistance for mobile devices running a supported version of Apple's iOS?
- It is recommended that AppleCare be purchased for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices. AppleCare is recommended
regardless of whether the devices are personally-owned or College-owned. For more information about this extended warranty program from Apple,
- Information Technology, the ResNet Office, and the Helpdesk do not have mobile device accessories of any kind available for
distribution. This includes power adapters, Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack adapters, Lightning to USB cables, 30-pin to USB cables,
Lightning to 30-pin adapters, Lightning to VGA adapters, and Lightning to Digital VGA adapters.
Individuals are responsible for obtaining and using their own accessories.
- I have a mobile device that is not running iOS - it is running another operating system (Android, Windows). What issues can you assist me with?
ResNet (for students) and the Helpdesk (for faculty and staff) are unable to provide assistance with non-iOS devices due to the significant variations in operating systems, devices, and providers available. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Documentation for connecting iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Blackberry devices to Saint Mary's Google Apps for Education accounts is available here.
Support issues for mobile devices not running iOS (including Android, Windows) will be directed to your cellular provider, device manufacturer, or place of device purchase.
- Where do I go for assistance with my supported mobile device?
- Students should bring their supported mobile device to the ResNet Office for assistance. The ResNet Office is located in 113 Haggar College Center.
The hours for the ResNet Office are listed on the ResNet website at
http://www.saintmarys.edu/resnet. You can also contact ResNet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty and staff should bring their supported mobile device to the Helpdesk for assistance. The Helpdesk is located in 113 Haggar College Center.
The hours for the Helpdesk are 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The Helpdesk website is at
http://www.saintmarys.edu/hd. You can also contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com.
If you are having an issue with projecting from your mobile device in a classroom during class time, please call the Helpdesk at x4715 to have assistance dispatched to you.