The Animated Chalkboard-2011
PHYSICS ANIMATIONS FOR ALL WINDOWS VERSIONS
The Animated Chalkboard series provides a number of short animated sequences to be used BY THE INSTRUCTOR IN CLASS. The aim is to provide a video tool that can help students with some of the more difficult concepts or to simply provide a clear demonstration of a particular phenomenon or principle. The sets include:
1) MOTION: Includes 22 animations on Velocity, Acceleration, Friction, Momentum, Rotational Frames, and the like. Many animations plot motions as they are shown. The instructor has control over the pace of the animations with several pauses built in. Instructor files are included in the regular files and special student text files are automatically displayed in the Student versions.
[NOTE: The graphics shown here are from older versions but are indicative of the graphics used.]
2) ENERGY: These include animations about electrical generation and distribution, nuclear energy--both fission and fusion, photo-voltaics, hydrogen as a fuel, etc.
3) RELATIVITY: This set contains six animation (Time Dilation, Simultaneity, Mass Increase, Barn Paradox, Twins Paradox, and Relativistic effects.)
5) E&M: This set offers electric field, electric potential, and electric equi-potential mapping programs, an electric force program where you can turn charged particles loose in 2 or 3 dimensions and watch their motion, an animation showing magnetic fields and the effects of fields on moving charges, and one that 'attempts' to show something of the creation of E&M waves.
6) THERMO: This set includes: The barometer, how to boil water, convection by radiator, convection in a pond, thermal insulation, and the internal combustion engine.
7) OPTICS: This set contains twelve animations (Reflection/Refraction, Plane Mirror, A Magic Trick (with mirrors), Lenses (converging, diverging, and a general ray tracing routine), Optical Illusions (2 refractive illusions), Optical Instruments (magnifier, telescope, microscope, opera glasses), Total Internal Reflection, The Human Eye, Colors, The Camera, Interference, and E&M Spectra).
REQUIREMENTS: ANY WINDOWS VERSION WIN 95 THROUGH WIN 10.
THESE ANIMATIONS WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISPLAY AT THE HIGHEST RESOLUTION POSSIBLE (800x600 MINIMUM).